2021 Spring Semester Recap
In a year that was complicated and difficult do to the challenges of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Alpha Chapter of Sigma Chi managed to excel academically and socially as we stayed safe and helped give back to our community. Below are some highlights from a great semester!
- We said goodbye to the Epsilon Pledge Class as our 23 seniors successfully graduated this May! Every member of this Chapter owes these seniors a debt of gratitude, and we look forward to seeing all the amazing things our brothers will do in the future.
- We initiated the Theta Pledge Class and gained 35 new brothers this February! These Freshman have already contributed to the success of our Chapter and have shown great leadership taking up roles on the executive board and in other areas.
- We created a concise and detailed Derby Days week this April, and were able to raise OVER $50,000 for the Huntsman Cancer Institute over the span of this year! This is the first time our Chapter has joined the 50k club and we are grateful to all of the alumni, friends, and family for their donations. Special thank you's go to Ben Skaggs '22, John Dancy '23, and Joe Poskin '23 for their work on the Philanthropy committee this past year.
- As a Chapter, we recorded an average GPA of 3.63 which ranks second of all fraternities at Miami University! This is a huge milestone as we not only emphasize the "social" aspects of a fraternity, but remain committed to the reason we go to college in the first place: to get an education.
- We said goodbye to our Live-In Advisor and "House Dad" Connor O'Hearn, former Consul of the Alpha Chapter '16, and our advisor for the past two years. Connor's love for Sigma Chi and his wisdom has helped keep our chapter strong since it was re-founded and we are indebted to his help and support.