Officer Duties Include:
– Being accountable for everything that the chapter does or fails to do.
– Knowing all of the requirements laid out in Sigma Chi’s Ritual, Governing Laws and policies, as well as with all chapter bylaws and campus regulations and making sure these standards are followed.
– Maintaining the integrity of of the proper performance of the Ritual.
– Guarding the security of the chapter’s charter, Ritual and Ritualistic materials.
– Presiding over the Alpha chapter meetings and chapter affairs as is appropriate.
– Maintaining a broad knowledge of all chapter activities.
– Working with the Grand Praetor, the chapter advisor, chapter alumni and Headquarters in guiding the affairs of the chapter.
– Acquainting all officers with the extent and importance of their duties, delegate authority and responsibility to these officers, and ensure these duties and responsibilities are carried out.
– Maintaining a close relationship with university administrators and with officers of other campus fraternities and sororities.
– Seeing that chapter administrative affairs are handled promptly and that orderly chapter administrative files are maintained.
– Maintaining high standards of chapter scholarship, discipline, etiquette, morals and hospitality as a reflection of the Ritual of Sigma Chi.
– Conducting himself so as to always deserve the respect and cooperation of all brothers.
– Holding himself and every member of the Fraternity accountable to the Sigma Chi Oath of Initiation.